So here we are in our November Roundup. Despite being busier than ever we managed to step back and enjoy a few Birthdays, Veterans day and a lovely Thanksgiving with our family. We even found time to go to the beach, buy neat antiques and whip up some great Christmas decor. If you look closely at our roundup photos you might just see some of our top secret projects lurking in the background!
His Favorite November Project
Although I’ve been thoroughly enjoying the leftover gluten free stuffing I’d have to say my favorite November project was the Whale Birthday card I created for my Nephew. It has nothing to do with Fall or Thanksgiving but it made him smile!
Her Favorite November Project
This is a toughie because I really love the Chevron pattern advent calendar that Cliff made for me but the neighbors keep complimenting me on my Christmas Cheer door sign ;)
Cliff: Peanut Butter and Dates. Not together, although that combo sounds tempting……
Andrea: Crackle nail polish which according to my Mother In Law looks like like zombie nails…. I actually agree.
Would Rather Forget
Andrea: Saying goodbye to my beloved vintage green couch. Yes it was uncomfortable and a little small for our space but I absolutely LOVED it! Luckily it went to a good home but we still don’t have a replacement couch!
Cliff: Riding down Vulcan Avenue; now known as the street that kills bicycle tires. I replaced 2 popped tires within 20 minutes of each other!
Big Projects in the Works
Cliff: The recessed lighting in the kitchen. We kinda got distracted midway through…..
Andrea: Giant Holiday Paint chip. This biggest and baddest you’ve ever seen!
November Linky Love
- Amanda from Craft Gossip took on the hard hitting subject of paint chip crafting and of course referenced our Paint Chip Gate Post. Brave soul ;) http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/paint-chips-are-you-stealing/
- Kayla from Bulletin Board Ideas came up with a great classroom version of our “Paint the world with Christmas Cheer” sign. http://bulletinboardideas.org/3101/paint-the-world-with-cheer-christmas-bulletin-board-idea/
- Cynthia (our Craft-tastic buddy) included both our Chevron Pattern and light up Christmas tree in her comprehensive Advent Calendar Roundup! http://cynchronicity.wordpress.com/2011/11/29/advent-calendar-roundup/
- Apparently someone in the Netherlands liked our Advent calendars too! Well at least we think they liked them….. http://weblog.kukeluusje.nl/weblog/?p=183
- Ikea Hackers featured our Skewered lamp: http://www.ikeahackers.net/2011/11/skewered-ikea-lamp-shade.html
Coming Soon to Our Blog!
Andrea: Tons of Holiday projects and a great vintage party outfit. I started listening to the Pandora Christmas Station last week and I’m just bursting with holiday cheer!
Cliff: I’m going to rock a tacky holiday vest at an upcoming Christmas party. I used Andrea’s ugly light up gingerbread house sweater vest (long name) as my inspiration. Although I ordered mine from a Vintage Etsy shop I still believe it’s just as tacky as hers!
All in all November was a great month. Now we’re gearing up for a fun December full of insane amounts of Holiday projects as well as some maverick DIY projects that won’t be revealed until after the new year. Hope you all had a great November and are getting excited for the Holidays! We’d love to know what you are making this season.
Posts That You Want To Read?
- All Posts
- BIG CRAFTS
- Birthday Projects
- Christmas Projects
- Craft Wars
- Currie Kitsch
- DIY Apps
- Dollar Store Projects
- Easter Crafts
- Flashback Friday
- Gifts for him
- Gluten Free Recipes
- Halloween Projects
- Hand MAKE My Home
- He Made
- He vs. She Challenges
- Makers Monthly Roundup
- Paint Chip Crafts
- Saint Patrick's Day Crafts
- She Made
- The Paint Chip Pals
- Valentine's Day
Our Recent Pinterests